Based on the “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order from the Washington State Governor, Chambers Bay will close at the end of business on Wednesday, March 25th. The current Stay at Home order is effective through April 9th although this is subject to change at any time. During this period the Chambers Bay golf course, Grill, and practice centers will be close. Click here for updates to the Chambers Creek Regional Park.
Tee times are available for April 10th through June. We look forward to seeing everyone happy and healthy when we reopen. Please continue to check back for updates.
Given the evolving situation and our dedication to providing a safe environment for you and our staff we have enacted additional measures, effective immediately:
- At this time the Chambers Bay Grill is closed. Food and beverage options will still be available for golfers at our on-course, Turnstand, location.
- We are strongly encouraging guests once they check-in to drive their vehicles to the academy practice center and walk over to the 1st tee. Details and directions will be available at check-in.
- Please limit your time in the clubhouse with a maximum of 10 patrons in the golf shop at one time.
- Please maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself and others.
- At this time we are unable to accommodate rental set requests.
- We currently prefer the use of credit/debit cards for all transactions. Please limit cash transactions.
- We have removed bunker rakes and benches throughout the golf course. Our starter will provide additional information.
- Matting has been installed in the putting cup to allow for easy retrieval without the need to touch the flagstick. We ask that all guests keep the flagstick in the cup until further notice. Photo example below.
We ask if you are sick or have recently been sick we ask that you refrain from playing at this time. We would like to remind everyone that we have suspended our cancellation policy and you may cancel at any time, at no charge.
The additional safety measures are in addition to the measures enacted in the initial post below:
Dear Chambers Bay & Lake Spanaway Guests:
During this uncertain time, it’s important to know we are open for business. All of us at Chambers Bay and Lake Spanaway would like to outline the preventative measures in place to provide the highest levels of care and cleanliness to our guests during your visit.
We are following the guidelines established by the CDC for preventing the spread of the virus, and we have implemented additional sanitation measures at our facility to mitigate risk and reduce the spread of germs. Given the situation is constantly evolving we are working closely with KemperSports, Pierce County and Washington State Department of Health and government bodies to tailor our operations to individual community situations and ensure that our staff is informed and prepared. This includes the following elevated procedures:
- We have increased frequency in cleaning schedules with a focus on public areas, including handrails, door handles, cash machines, golf carts, golf shuttles, and other high-touch common areas.
- Asking for our customers to limit cash transactions with credit cards, or debit cards the preferred method of payment.
- All servers, food and beverage attendants, and golf shop are required to additional hand-washing every 30 minutes. Sanitation is available for each staff member to use throughout their shift with emphasis after cash transactions.
- We have implemented enhanced food and beverage health procedures in our dining outlets including mandatory team hand-washing every 30 minutes and additional dining room sanitation schedule.
- All golf instructors will undergo additional hand-washing after each lesson/clinic.
- We have installed additional sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
- We have provided additional disinfectant wipes to staff and guests.
- We have posted visual signage throughout our facilities to encourage staff and guests to wash hands thoroughly and disinfect workstations, along with verbal and email communication.
- Whenever possible, we are replacing standard beverage stations with single-use products.
The health and safety of our staff and guests at our facilities is our highest priority. These additional steps give us the confidence to conduct operations. That said, until further notice, we have temporarily suspended our cancellation policies at each location; guests may cancel starting times without penalty.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. We appreciate your support and cooperation to create a safe and healthy environment at Chambers Bay & Lake Spanaway Golf Courses. We look forward to seeing you out on the golf course sometime soon.
KemperSports | Pierce County Golf
253-552-4864 | E. firstname.lastname@example.org