Welcome Back Golf! – UPDATED
6/6 Update: Pierce County has now moved to Phase II in Washington’s Safe Start plan. Come enjoy dinner on the patio of the Chambers Bay Grill after your round or your walk on the Grandview Trail. We are now open, with restrictions, 7-days a week with lunch available Monday – Friday from 11:00a – 4:00p and dinner from 4:00p – 8:30p. On the weekends, we have brought back our favorite brunch menu which is served from 8:00a – 2:00p with our dinner menu from 2:00p – 8:30p. We strongly encourage reservations as mandated capacity restrictions mean your favorite table on the patio might be taken. In the mood for a good burger but not a sunset, give us a call (253-552-4876) and order from our to-go menu.
Our golf operation continues to operate without shuttle service. Please drive to the clubhouse round-a-bout to check-in at our golf shop. From there, follow directions in the PDF here.
We are excited to welcome back caddies to Chambers Bay. Caddies services are available by advance request only. Please visit our Caddie Page here to reserve a caddie and for information about how we are working to keep you and our caddies safe.
5/18 Update: Chambers Bay is excited to welcome back starting times of up to four players. This information came late last week from the Governor’s Office. We have spent the weekend reaching out to groups booked in the month of May to inform them of the update and to allow them the opportunity to fill the group. With this complete, our full offer of starting times are now available. We would encourage all to take the opportunity to join us on the links as the course conditions are in championship condition. Through the first 13 days of operating guests have been elated delivering a course condition score of 9.5/10.
This update to foursomes has presented the unique task of managing our tee sheet in a manner that is safe for all. For all of us golfers, during “normal times”, we operate with an understanding that making a reservation for less than four players means you are either joining a group that has already reserved the same time or that other players may join. These are certainly not “normal times”. With golf being played in an outdoor space where social distancing can be maintained through a conscious effort by all we will continue to manage tee times to the capacity of four players per starting time. For those booking less than four, this may lead to others joining your group. If you are a group of two or a single keep in mind you may be pairing with a group already reserved. For those groups of less than four players looking for accommodations to play in less than four, we will ask for flexibility. Please contact the golf shop (253-460-4653 x5) to make this request with the understanding that this might require moving to a starting time during a part of the day where there is less demand; some days we may not be able to accommodate this request.
Additionally, we are excited to welcome back public access to our Academy Practice Center. Day passes are available for $25 or we offer many membership programs with range access included. The Academy Practice Center is available six days a week (closed Wednesdays); Thursday through Monday 10:00am – 6:00pm, and Tuesday 11:00am – 6:00pm. Warm up range use is included with your green fee prior to your round, however, we still ask that you limit time to this space to 30 minutes prior to your tee time.
We continue to pride ourselves in our ability to create and maintain a safe environment from start to finish from contactless check-in either over the phone (253-460-4653 x5) or in the golf shop to self-transportation to the first tee (suspended shuttle service) and window service at our turnstand location. With this information and the request of all to maintain proper social distancing practices, we believe Chambers Bay is a safe space for all to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you out on the links.
Dear Chambers Bay Guests:
We are excited to welcome back golf to Chambers Bay on Tuesday, May 5th through Governor Inslee’s Golf Restart plan. It is our goal to keep a safe and healthy facility in accordance with state and federal law by utilizing practices established by the CDC and comply with COVID-19 work site-specific safety practices, as outlined in Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” Proclamation 20-25 for preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Golf is widely seen as an activity that is viable and relatively low risk, however, there are additional precautions that will be in place to ensure the safety of our players and staff. This includes measures and advice from the National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) “Park and Play” program.
With all of this in consideration to provide an environment that is safe for all involved, below are facility updates that you should expect during your next visit:
We ask all guests to abide by the following common courtesies during your visit:
- If you are experiencing or have experienced flu-like symptoms in the past 48 hours we encourage you stay home.
- Maintain minimum six-foot separation between course staff and other guests.
- Ensure frequent and adequate handwashing. Additional hand-sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the clubhouse.
- Please read and follow additional guidelines posted throughout the clubhouse.
- We ask no more than two players from separate households per tee time. Single players will be asked if they would like to be paired together. Starting sheets have been updated with this policy and can be made online by clicking here. We strongly encourage all guests to make advanced reservations; walk-up players may not be accommodated.
- Foursomes are allowed if all players are from the same household (identification may be required). To reserve a foursome, please contact our reservation department by phone at 253-460-4653 x2.
- Payment for golf may be completed over the phone to the card on the reservation. Please contact the Golf Shop (253-460-4653 x5) day-of to complete this process.
- Clubhouse access will be limited to check-in only with a maximum of 4 guests in the clubhouse at one time. We ask that those checking in follow the directional and spacing guides. Restrooms will be available golfers only.
- Each guest will be asked to provide contact information per the Golfing Restart Requirements.
- The use of rental clubs has been temporarily suspended.
- At this time we will not be accepting cash for payment throughout the facility.
- We have temporarily suspended caddie operations. We will update this when we feel it is safe to provide this service again. For anyone interested in supporting Chambers Bay Caddies during this time, a GoFundMe account has been started by this group. Donations can be made by following the page here.
- We have suspended shuttle operations. Once players have checked in (either by phone or clubhouse), players will proceed to drive down to the Academy Practice Center parking area and walk to the first tee. Directions can be downloaded here or are available for pickup in the golf shop. Please allow for additional time (~5 minutes) to accommodate this walk to the tee.
- Practice area space will be limited to 30 minutes per player.
- Sanitized pull-carts will be available at the course level, however, we encourage the use of personal pull/pushcarts.
- The turnstand is available for limited food and beverage at the golf course (credit card only). This operation has transitioned to an order-at-the-window service.
- Pencils and scorecards will be issued by the starter upon request. We encouraged guests to download the Chambers Bay App to record scores without the use of a scorecard. Download on Android devices here or Apple devices here.
- Bunker rakes and other on-course furniture have been temporarily removed.
- Matting has been installed within the golf hole to eliminate the need to touch the flagstick.
- Players Assistants will be on course to ensure physical distancing practices are being followed by reminding golfers, and where necessary, warning repeat offenders.
- We ask golfers to leave the golf course immediately after playing to eliminate congestion/gathering on the property or in the parking lot.
Elevated Sanitation Practices
- We have increased frequency in cleaning schedules with a focus on public areas, including restrooms, handrails, door handles, and other high-touch common areas.
- All food and beverage attendants and golf shop team members are required to perform additional hand-washing every 30 minutes. Sanitation is available for each staff member to use throughout their shift.
- Professional cleaning service will happen each day with fumigation scheduled on a regular basis.
- We have installed additional sanitizing stations throughout our facilities.
- Signage posted throughout our facilities to encourage staff and guests to wash hands thoroughly and disinfect workstations.
- Whenever possible, we are replacing standard beverage stations with single-use products.
The health and safety of our staff and guests at our facilities is our highest priority. These additional steps give us the confidence to conduct operations. That said, until further notice, we have temporarily suspended our cancellation policies at each location; guests may cancel starting times without penalty.
Click here for updates to the Chambers Creek Regional Park.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. We appreciate your support and cooperation to create a safe and healthy environment at Chambers Bay Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you out on the golf course sometime soon.
KemperSports | Pierce County Golf
253-552-4864 | E. email@example.com